- Best Books
- We are not "people of color"
- Beta Readers
- Who links to AICL?
- Photos: Native Writers & Illustrators
- Timeline: Foul Among the Good
- Common phrases
- Mexican American Studies
- Lecture Fees
- Revisions to Racism in Books
- Books that Reference Racist Classics
- Native Americans in State Curriculum Documents
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Muscogee (Creek) author, Cynthia Leitich Smith
One of my favorite authors of children's books with Native characters is Cynthia Leitich Smith. I've written about her books here before. Whenever I do a workshop for teachers, her Jingle Dancer is one I highlight.
Her website is terrific, and you can read an interview of Cyn at downhomebooks.com.
If you're someone who gives children books during the holiday season, order several copies and give them to teachers and children, and teenagers and librarians, and grandparents whose grandkids visit them...