All MAS courses and teaching activities, regardless of the budget line from which they are funded, shall be suspended immediately.
- Assignments cannot direct students to apply MAS perspectives.
- The teachers cannot use the MAS curriculum designed individually or by MAS staff in TUSD.
- The focus of student learning must not exclusively trail back to MAS curriculum and issues.
- Teachers should balance the use of literature focusing on multiple perspectives and varied literature.
- Race can be taught and discussed. However, context is important and the focus should be on using literature content as the teaching focus relative to race or oppression.
- Visitations in class by an administrator will be frequent to insure compliance. (At least one visit per unit of lessons.)
- Teachers will write and submit a syllabus and/or a curriculum map that demonstrates adherence to common, standards based approach to the curriculum. The due date is January 26.
- Student work will be collected by the evaluator when he/she comes into the classroom.
- Teachers can choose to submit student work that would serve as evidence that curriculum is adhered to.
...there have been credible claims that two TUSD Governing Board members have told our district superintendent that any violations by teachers should be disciplined harshly and immediately. Thus, my colleagues and I feel that our jobs are very much on the line...