Wednesday, August 31, 2011

CADDIE WOODLAWN... in Chinese

Thanks, Minjie, for writing to tell me that Caddie Woodlawn is being published in China. Here's the cover:

Regular readers of American Indians in Children's Literature may recall my daughter's encounter with Caddie Woodlawn... I wonder if it, like Little House on the Prairie, will be placed on the National Curriculum in China?

(A personal note: I've been away from AICL for 3 weeks to provide round-the-clock care for my mom. She lives on our reservation and doesn't have internet. When I left Nambe on Monday morning, she was more herself than she's been in years. It was a difficult six weeks for all of us with many scary moments, but she's made it through an emergency surgery and an extensive hospital stay, and she's literally dancing down her hallway these days.)

4 comments:

bonfire of my vanity said...

i'm glad to hear that your mother is doing better. i had wondered where you had gone. your blog is such an amazing resource, i recommend it and share it constametrintly.

Cynthia Leitich Smith said...

Thinking of you and your mama.

Beverly Slapin said...

Thinking good thoughts for you and your mama, Debbie.

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

It's been a while since I visited, since just after you announced your new plans for an MLS. I am so glad to come back and see good news about your mother.

One of you Anons