- Best Books
- Are we "people of color"?
- Beta Readers
- Who links to AICL?
- Photos: Native Writers & Illustrators
- Timeline: Foul Among the Good
- Common phrases
- Mexican American Studies
- Lecture/Workshop Fees
- Revisions to Racism in Books
- Books that Reference Racist Classics
- Native Americans in State Curriculum Documents
Monday, April 25, 2011
First look at Karen Healey's GUARDIAN OF THE DEAD
It is on my mind today because of a pre-conference workshop I'm giving on Wednesday in Albuquerque at the annual conference of the New Mexico Library Association. I'll be talking about inappropriate use of sacred Native stories. I've got examples of picture books, but not a novel, so I think I'll add Guardian of the Dead to my power point and worksheet set.
With that thought in mind, I was reading online reviews and came across one that hits on many of the same things I noted. The reviewer is Kari, and her review is on the goodreads site.